Couscous Salad Recipe
This tasty Couscous Salad is vegan and very tasty
Servings: 8 servings
- 10 ounces plain couscous 1 box
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 spring onions and tops, chopped
- 6 radishes finely diced
- 1 small cucumber or English cucumber diced
- 1 medium red or orange sweet bell pepper diced
- 1 can chick peas 15-ounce can, drained
- 1 cup garden peas frozen
- 1 2.5 oz. can black olives drained and sliced
- 2 Tablespoons fresh parsley minced
- 2-3 leaves fresh mint minced
- 4-5 lemons juice
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 8-10 grape tomatoes halved
- 1/2 cup snow peas cut into pieces - OPTIONAL
Cook couscous according to package directions, adding the sea salt to the water. (If you do not have directions, do the following: Put 2 cups of water and the salt in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Add 1 ½ cups couscous and cover. Let stand for 5 minutes and then fluff with a fork.)
Stir in the diced onions, radishes, cucumber and pepper. Add the chick peas, garden peas and olives. Stir in the minced parsley and mint.
Add the lemon juice and olive oil, both to taste. If needed, add more of both
Serve chilled over a bed of leaf lettuce. Just before serving, add the halved grape tomatoes. If you plan to keep some of the salad, do not add the tomatoes to the entire salad, just to the portions that you plan to serve.
This salad will keep for several days in the refrigerator.