All things pumpkin remind me of fall. We used to grow our own pumpkins in the corn field. Nowadays canned pumpkin is really better than the orange pumpkins we see in stores. This Pumpkin Bread is especially good – it has a secret ingredient.
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup oil
- 1 Tablespoon maple syrup
- 1/2 cup sweetened, shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup unsweetened, mashed pumpkin canned is just fine
- 1 cup self-rising flour
- 1 teaspoon cardamom scant teaspoon
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 cup pecans, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease 3 mini loaf pans. Dust with flour.Whisk egg in a large bowl. Add sugar, oil and maple syrup. Stir in coconut and pumpkin. Stir in the flour. Pour into mini loaf pans, filling half full. Bake for 45-50 minutes.
- Cool before slicing
Big Mill Bed & Breakfast, Williamston, NC 27892