Hot, Spicy Apple Cider Warms the Heart
A great way to welcome fall and the chill in the air is to make up some hot, spicy cider. If you live where apples are grown, then you can use fresh-pressed cider.
The rest of us can pick up some great cider in the store and create our own brewing spices. North Carolina apples are the best – I see a road trip coming!
- 1 orange washed & sliced
- 7 8 cloves whole
- 2 quarts cider Apple
- ¼ cup brown sugar light brown sugar
- 2 sticks cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ginger ground
- ½ lemon washed and sliced
- Brandy optional
- Stick the cloves into the orange and then slice the orange. Combine the clove-orange pieces, cider, brown sugar, cinnamon, ginger and lemon slices. Simmer in a large pot over low heat for at least thirty minutes. A crock-pot works great for this. Serve hot.
- A splash of brandy can be added to each cup for an added kick. Garnish with a dried slice of apple or orange or a star anise.
I like to make this recipe for spiced mulled apple cider in the crock pot and let the aroma fill the house. Guests love it. I make the drink even prettier by adding a slice of dried apple or orange.
If you want to add a kick to the cider, just add brandy to the cup — or serve virgin. Either way, it is wonderful.
Big Mill Bed and Breakfast 252-792-8787
- Bitcoin Cryptocurrency Accepted at Big Mill B&B Extended Stay - September 8, 2021
- Old Red Truck – Mascot of Big Mill B&B Extended Stay - June 6, 2021
- Extended Stay Lodging Eastern NC – Home Away from Home - January 28, 2021