Cranberries – no food says Christmas holiday recipe quite like a cranberry. This Cranberry Salad Recipe is one of my favorites.
- 1 orange, washed
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 12-ounce bag cranberries, washed and picked over
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup celery, diced
- 1/2 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 teaspoon key lime juice or lemon juice
- 3 packages unflavored gelatin (3 tablespoons)
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- Remove stems from orange and cut orange into pieces, leaving peel on. Put orange pieces in a blender with the orange juice and pulverize.
Add cranberries and sugar. Pulse to mix, but do not completely pulverize. (This part of the salad can be made in advance and stored in the refrigerator).
Add celery and nuts and lemon juice. Blend again.
Soften gelatin in 1/2 cup cold water. Add 1/2 cup boiling water. Add to cranberry mixture.
Virginia Tuttle gave me this recipe. She was happiest when she was cooking and she loved to share. Her recipes live on and I think of her every time I make this tasty Cranberry Salad. Nothing can hold on to our heritage like old recipes.
Big Mill Bed & Breakfast 252-792-8787
Latest posts by Chloe Tuttle (see all)
- Best Bone Broth Beef Vegetable Soup - January 22, 2019
- Popcorn Sutton & His Moonshine Likker - November 19, 2018
- Pozole – Mexican Hominy Soup Recipe – Gringo Version - October 31, 2018