This is the best Corn Pudding I have ever tasted – and it is made with canned corn. If your budget is tight, this is a great dish to make, especially for those “pot-luck” dinners. It also has an amusing history — a friend Mary Anne gave me the recipe and now everyone thinks it is mine!
- 1 15 ounce can corn, drained
- 1 14.5 ounce can creamed corn
- ¼ teaspoon pepper (Optional cayenne pepper)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup butter (melted = 1/2 stick)
- 6 Tablespoons sugar
- 6 Tablespoons flour
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9x12x2 inch baking pan.
- Mix the corn and creamed corn. Stir in the pepper, salt, melted butter, sugar and four
- In another large mixing bowl, whisk the 4 eggs. Add milk. Add the corn mixture and stir.
- Pour into baking dish and fill almost full.
- Bake at least an hour and often longer until the corn pudding does not "jiggle." You can insert a spoon or knife into the center part to see if it is runny. If it is, then it needs to cook longer. Sometimes it takes 1 1/2 hours to set and be done.
Let me know if you try this recipe.
Big Mill B&B, Williamston, NC 27892 tel. 252-792-8787
- Extended Stay Lodging Eastern NC – Home Away from Home - January 28, 2021
- Effie’s Switch House French Dressing - May 21, 2020
- Best Banana Bread has a Secret Ingredient - April 28, 2020