Refreshing Summer Punch is Perfect for Those Lazy Summer Days
Ah, the Halcyon days of summer come to an end each year and that saddens me. When the green leaves turn to gold and then fall away, you can hear the whine of the train and the lonesome whippoorwill. There are fewer whippoorwills than in my youth; that too is sad. That really is a country song.
So on these last balmy nights of summer, grab a cool glass of Summer Punch, hang out in the hammock and listen to the sounds of the changing season. You can hear the quiet except for the cicadas.
- 1 quart fresh tea unsweetened
- 1 46-ounce can pineapple juice, unsweetened
- 1/2 gallon orange juice
- 1 can 11.3 ounces apricot nectar often found in the Hispanic section of the grocery store
- 1 liter ginger ale
- 1 lemon sliced
- 1 orange sliced
- 1 ice ring optional
- mint sprigs
- Mix all ingredients and chill. For parties, I make an ice ring of ginger ale to keep the punch chilled. Float lemon and orange slices in the bowl. Serve with mint sprigs.
This was one of the first recipes I ever published. I wanted to make this great punch and when I looked at the article I realized that it needed a bit of updating. The Punch is as good as ever and I will make more!
Big Mill Bed and Breakfast 252-792-8787
- Sweet Pickle Relish – Southern Cooks Can’t Cook Without It - August 9, 2022
- Bitcoin Cryptocurrency Accepted at Big Mill B&B Extended Stay - September 8, 2021
- Old Red Truck – Mascot of Big Mill B&B Extended Stay - June 6, 2021