This easy roasted pecan recipe is a show stopper!
- 3 cups shelled pecans
- 3 Tablespoons honey local to you is best
- 1/2 teaspoon salt plus extra for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
- Spray a heavy, rimmed cookie sheet with cooking oil spray. Place pecans on cookie sheet in a single layer.
- Bake pecans for 7 minutes. Watch closely - if nuts are older it will take less time. Remove from oven and put nuts in a medium sized mixing bowl. Add 3 Tablespoons honey and stir to coat pecans.
- Add 1/2 teaspoon salt and stir again.
- Spray cookie sheet again and put nuts on the sheet in single layer. Bake at 220-250 for 1 1/2 to 2 hours, stirring one time. I may take less time if nuts are old.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with a wee bit of salt. Separate any nuts that have clumped. Cool and store in air tight container. Nuts will keep fresh for at least a week. Perfect hostess gift or for holiday giving.
If you don’t have a pecan tree then look for a farmer who does have pecans. They are better because they will be this year’s crop. Our local feed store Martin Supply has a Pecan Cracking Machine that makes the shelling easy.
Anyway, the other day I was looking at which things from Chloe’s Blog and the website are being pinned to Pinterest. I was surprised and delighted that my recipe for Honey Roasted and Glazed Pecans is so popular. Especially during the holidays … it’s such an easy way to make guests smile!
PS: If you’re on Pinterest, check out all of Big Mill’s boards. Follow any you’d like and repin to your heart’s content. I love all the gorgeous photos!
We grow these pecans here on the farm at Big Mill Bed & Breakfast in Williamston, NC. Tel. 252-792-8787
- Bitcoin Cryptocurrency Accepted at Big Mill B&B Extended Stay - September 8, 2021
- Old Red Truck – Mascot of Big Mill B&B Extended Stay - June 6, 2021
- Extended Stay Lodging Eastern NC – Home Away from Home - January 28, 2021